Sale: Important Sale of Tobacciana, Match Safes, Coins, Silver, Chinese, Russian, German, and Continental Objects
May 19, 2019 - 11:00am Eastern Time U.S.
Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC
18 West Ridgewood Avenue
Paramus, NJ 07652
Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC is conveniently located close to New York City, only 12 miles from the George Washington Bridge.
Live bidding will be available online with our auction partners: Invaluable.com and AuctionZip.com.
Telephone and absentee bidding is also available. There will be no floor bidding. For any special requests, please contact us.
How to Bid:
Online: Online bidding is available via our online auction hosts: Invaluable.com and AuctionZip.com
Telephone Bidding: Telephone bidders can register up to 24 hours before the auction. One of our staff will contact you approximately five lots prior to your lot. They will communicate the bidding activity to you and will relay your bids to the auctioneer at your discretion. Absentee Bids: Absentee Bids will be accepted up to the auction start time.
By bidding at auction you agree to be bound by Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC's Terms and Conditions below:
1. When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC's Terms and Conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are potentially bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list is of common bidding methods, but it not necessarily comprehensive).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. Also, at the sole discretion of Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC a deposit may be required for bidding on certain lots, if unsuccessful in bidding, the deposit will be returned, if successful in bidding the deposit can be applied to the sale price. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC's terms and conditions.
2. The auctioneer reserves the right, at their absolute and sole discretion, to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding in such a manner as he or she may decide. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot, and in the case of error or dispute, whether during or after the sale, to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding, to cancel the sale or to re-offer and resell the item in dispute.
3. Lots may have reserves or minimum selling prices. This confidential figure is set by the consignor and Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC. At the sole discretion of the auctioneer, a lot may be bid up to its reserve price. Auction item estimated sales prices do not include the Buyer's Premium. All bids and transactions are in U.S. Dollars.
4. Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC has endeavored to correctly describe, approximately date and attribute each item in this sale to the best and their knowledge and ability and through the use of outside sources. Nevertheless, determination of the age, condition, quality, authenticity, value, purported history, or classification, and/or description of all items offered and sold (regardless of what is said or written) is the sole responsibility of the bidder/purchaser. By bidding on an offered lot, the bidder acknowledges that they have accepted the lot as-is, and they have inspected it to their satisfaction. Any and all dimensions and weights in auction lot descriptions are approximate.
5. Condition Reports and Lot Descriptions: Since we are not professional conservators or restorers, we urge you to consult with a restorer or conservator of your choice who will be better able to provide a detailed, professional report. Prospective buyers should inspect each lot to satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC is merely a subjective qualified opinion. Notwithstanding any condition report or discussions concerning condition of a lot, all lots are offered 'as-is', per these Terms and Conditions. Condition reports and lot descriptions offer our opinion but they may not refer to all faults, inherent defects, restorations, alterations or adaptations. They are not an alternative to acquiring your own professional advice. Statements on the condition of items are for general guidance and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC.
The absence of a condition report does not imply that an item is free of faults, defects, restorations, alterations or adaptations
6. All lots are sold as-is and all sales are final. Any disputes that arise must be brought to the attention of Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC within 20 calendar days of the sale date.
7. A 25% Buyer's Premium is added to the purchase price of every item purchased online, via phone, or absentee bid.
When applicable, state and local sales taxes will be added to the hammer price and buyer's premium. Sales tax will not be assessed for items shipped out of state by a licensed shipper or those with a copy of a current New Jersey resale certificate on file at Ridgewood Art Galleries ,LLC. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 201-670-0400 to file a resale certificate, or for any questions.
8. Payment: All payments must be made in U.S. Dollars within 72 hours of invoice being sent. Payment methods accepted are: cash, personal check, certified check, bank check, money order, PayPal, Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Wire Transfer. Non United States credit cards are not accepted, international bidders may pay by wire transfer.
Credit card and PayPal payments will have a 3% transaction fee added to the invoice total.
Items paid by check or money order will be held until funds clearance.
Items purchased via Invaluable.com or AuctionZip.com that are not paid within 4 days of invoice being sent will be charged to the credit card on file with those services.
9. Shipping & Pickup: Buyers may pick-up their items from the gallery or arrange for third-party shipping. Any and all shipping and insurance charges are to be paid by the buyer. No items shall be released for pickup until full payment has been received and cleared. All lots won must be removed from the auction location within 20 calendar days of the sale. Please notify us with any special requests and we will try to accommodate. Items that are not removed within this time period will incur a storage fee at our prevailing rates with a minimum fee of $12 per day, per item.
You may arrange for your own shipper or contact one of the shippers below. Please provide them with your lot number(s) and let them know that the pickup will be at Ridgewood Art Galleries, LLC:
The UPS Store
38 E. Ridgewood Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Contact: Tina Palacio or Diane Paventa
All Points Shipping & Crating
82 Myer St
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Ask for Christian or Isaac
All Points Shipping & Crating is recommended for larger items.